SpinChip Diagnostics AS develops game-changing lab-on-a-chip technology for point of care use.
SpinChip is considered the ultimate concept for immediate reliable in vitro diagnosis in point of care settings. A fraction of a blood droplet is drawn directly from a finger prick into the small disposable chip. The chip is then inserted into the handheld apparatus. Results of a variety of advanced analyses will be obtained automatically within a couple of minutes. The unique flexibility of the patent pending technology allow for fast diagnosis of cardiovascular,endocrine, anemic, diabetic, infectious ad inflammatory diseases. The pilot application is for early detection and monitoring of acute inflammations and severe septic condition with launch in 2016.
SpinChip Diagnostics AS was founded February 2012 as a spinoff from SINTEF (www.sintef.no). The first emission accomplished October 2012 included SINTEF Venture and Tronrud Engineering AS. The development of the core platform was granted BIA-funding 2012 – 2015 from the Norwegian Research Council.
• Fast and easy in use
• Fully automated sample processing + assays in < 2 minutes
• Sample volume 1 µL to 1 mL
• Extremely fast separation (e.g. plasma from cell in10 µL whole blood)
• Forced interaction between reactants
• Numerous fields of application (proteins, cells, DNA/RNA, drugs, nutrients...)
• No pumps, valves or any other chip restricting interfaces
• Automated volume metering, splitting, mixing...all within the chip
• High quality quantitative assays with wide sensitivity range
• Closed lab-on-a-chip system including sampling device
• Liquid and dried reagents on chip
• Compact and low cost. Instrument = 1.6 dm3, Chip: D = 4.5 cm
• Robust and reliable technologies